From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of EvaTEsq@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, February 16, 2003 6:33 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] something we can do about ... weather

In a message dated 2/16/2003 5:54:03 PM Pacific Standard Time,
wmorgan972@ameritech.net writes:

> (P.S.  We are snowed in with a storm total approaching 20" of the fluffy
> white stuff, topped with a crust of freezing rain before some additional
> accumulation that is predicted to drift wildly.  You all should see our
> bulldogs try to "leap" frog through the stuff on their stubby legs. Blue,
> the male, fancies himself a husky .The snow is already up past my knees in
> places.  LOL!!!   I'm looking for a thaw with temps in the 40's on
> Wednesday.  Any mathematicians out there know how long it will take to
> 20+ inches of snow at 40 F.?)

Hey Bonnie!!

We are snowed in too!  Supposed to get 12-20 inches tonight & tomorrow here
on Long Island.  It's coming down now.  For the first time in the 5 years
that I have worked for my law firm, WE ARE FINALLY HAVING A SNOW DAY
TOMORROW!!!!  WAHOOO!  I never thought I'd live to see the day -- my boss is
usually such a tightwad that he usually makes us work in ANY weather!!

I guess that's the reason I have diarrhea of the mouth tonight!  LOL  I am
delirious with the thought that I don't have to work tomorrow!

It's a seed-starting snow day for me tomorrow! (in between bouts of
shoveling, ofcourse!)

Long Island, NY
Zone 6/7