Re: birds and other critters

David, you're partly right about the elk. The last native eastern elk was
killed in 1867, but a small herd of western elk was introduced in 1913. They
inhabit a range limited to Cameron and Elk counties, in the Alleghenies.
There are sufficient numbers (more than 600) that there is a hunting season
for them. This past year, 70 tags were available, chosen by lottery. And no,
I'm not a hunter.

Maria