Re: birds and other critters

Well, I'm afraid I've given the wrong impression of California...at least N.
Ca.  We have bear, coyote, possums, skunk, squirrels, chipmunks, bobcats, mtn.
lion, wild pig, wild turkey, wolverine, ferrets and the list goes on and on.  I
doubt if anybody back east has any mammals that we don't have (different species
perhaps).  In fact, right off hand I can think of a couple that you don't have
including elk.  Though we don't have moose...not cold enough I think so I spoke
too soon.  Most if not all of these are within an hour of me.  In fact, almost
every year we hear of a black bear prowling the streets of towns within just a
few minutes of where I live and mtn. lion are all through the hills around
here.  The only mammal I haven't seen and that lives within 3 hours of here is
BIG FOOT!  Betcha you don't any of those!