From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Marge Talt
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2003 2:03 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] birds and other critters

No kidding, Jim...never saw one when I lived in SF.  Are they the
same species as in the east?  Wonder why not in the burbs?  Here they
are very adapted to urban and suburban life.  Sometimes think I
should just have a funnel and pour bags of birdseed down their holes;
save them a lot of effort:-)

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

> From: Island Jim <jsinger@igc.org>
>
> they have chipmunks in the west, marge. throughout the sierra.
first ones i