Re: was chips now marmots

Let me change this up a little since we're talking adorable little
burrowing creatures.  Marmots go by many different names I believe.  They
are basically the same as prairie dogs and I think it's along the same
lines as that little fink that pops up in February ruining everybodies
expectations...ground hogs.  However, the marmots in Alaska are different
and here's why...they stand about 2 1/2' tall.  Like little munchkins
from Wizard of Oz.  One pops up and whistles  and they all scurry into
their holes then another pops up and whistles.  I just wrote about rabies
with wild animals but forget that with these guys.  I have the feeling
if  you approached too closely with these behemouth of the burrowers he
wouldn't bite you, he would probably punch you right in the groin and
that would be the end of that.

My wife and I chased these guys through an Alaskan meadow full of wild
flowers one day.  It was pretty funny until we had the feeling we were
being watched by bears.  Then we scurried off while whistling as fast as
we could.

DF