Re: gardenchat C. trichotomum

Hi Marge, I'm a bit behind, so trying to catch up.....do you have your C.t.
planted in the ground?  I have one, it is hardy here, but didn't know how far
north it survives.  It is evergreen here until late winter, when it drops
it's leaves (mostly after a freeze).
I love mine....it puts out tons of white blooms mid spring through summer,
then the blooms start to turn pink and bright blue berries appear on the
inside, giving it a very unique look.  Eventually these dry and get darker,
to a dark fuschia, with black seed inside....rather looks like a bell.
I have the problem too, of suckering....but all Clerodendrons do this,
unfortunately.  This is helped by keeping it in a pot, however, if the roots
are allowed to escape, or the seeds....then the cycle begins.

Would be interested in others who have this plant, where it is hardy, etc.

zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast.