new purchases

Kitty,

What I have to say about Calycanthus floridus, CAROLINA ALSPICE will not
be of much use until it's a large bush.

When we moved back to Cincinnati, we rented the first floor of a large,
old house from an older couple who lived on the the top two floors.  Mrs.
Jewell was a gem of a gardener  and she had 3 mature, sweet shrubs under
our bedroom window.

Well, one day I was washing windows.  These were really large, tall
windows in 3 sections.  I flipped up one too many sections, forgot to
hold on,  and fell backwards right out of the window into one of the
bushes.  Unfortunately, Mrs. Jewell was working about 5 feet away in her
perennial bed and nearly had a stroke.  I think it was concern over my
body but it may have been about the bush.

I can attest to the fact that Calycanthus floridus, CAROLINA ALSPICE will
greatly slow down a falling body, smelling sweetly at the same time.  I
was only slightly scratched but I gave up serious window washing.  This
probably wasn't the kind of information you were looking for though.

Linda Wallpe
Cincinnati, Zone 6a
Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com