Re: Fw: Re: new purchases

Hello Kitty,
    Your hort ed is wrong... thankfully. Sometime it is good to simply be in
error on one's opinions. Check with Fernwood Botanical Garden. They  have a
very long list of species and cultivars they are growing up there. I have
been growing Cyclamen purpurescens for some years now. It is my most show
cyclamen and longest blooming. Begins in April and continues until November.
Cyclamen coum I am going to attempt again this year.. have not been able to
get that one to settle in for me. Do wonder about its ability to produce a
good bloom here in my garden. Pretty nasty weather going on during its bloom
period.. may try a more protected spot this time so blooms have a chance. C.
hederifolium  is easier than home-made sin. Probably the easiest and most
tolerant to establish in the open garden.
    All my cyclamens are on the west side of my side garden. They are in
alpine mix or very well drained leaf mold soil beneath shrubs and mature
trees on an embankment. All to keep them on the dry side and well drained.
Root competition is good for cyclamen.
    Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
Zone 6/5  Southern Indiana