Re: Clerodendrum trichotomum was: Theresa's pics

I understand (not that we have any in my neck of the woods) that an armadillo behavior that contributes to their tendency to become roadkill is - when in a road, and seeing an approaching car, instead of freezing, they leap straight into the air. Does anyone with greater familiarity with the habits of the armadillo know if this is true...or urban myth?
Cathy, west central IL, z5b