From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of cathy carpenter
Sent: Sunday, February 23, 2003 8:38 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] birds

One of the advantages of having a large farm pond next to us - the
herons always go for the big one, not our koi pond! Did have a couple
mallards land in it once, but they flew off the minute they saw the cat
go into full stalk mode. In any event, our koi pond is designed like
yours, Donna, relatively straight sided and deep.
Cathy