Re: birds

One of the advantages of having a large farm pond next to us - the herons always go for the big one, not our koi pond! Did have a couple mallards land in it once, but they flew off the minute they saw the cat go into full stalk mode. In any event, our koi pond is designed like yours, Donna, relatively straight sided and deep.