Re: need a small tree/standard

Yes, Eastern redbud.  Cercis!  It's not evergreen but it has fantastic small
purple flowers and silver dollar like beautiful green leaves.  And the form when
dormant is interesting as well.  That's my choice.  Ooh, on the other hand there
is the Strawberry tree.  Arbutus unedo, I think.  Another very interesting
tree.  Theresa you can see the Eastern redbud by driving to Redding and then
take the 299 hiway east.  They should all be flowering if not now then real
soon.  The road is lined with them.  Gorgeous!