Re: bamboo / choosing plants

Hello Melody,
    Oh, I don't know as I am all that different than all of you. I "listen"
to what all of you have to say about plants and your experiences with them.
All the other specialized lists that I am on as well. I subscriber to and
read several gardening magazines, order in the neighborhood of 3 to 5 new
books a year on gardening and plants. All the catalogs, both wholesale and
retail.I go to symposiums frequently. When I give a slide presentation I
always hang around to hear the other speakers as well.
    Right now I have three"folders" I am working one for this spring. One is
the new rock/alpine garden I hope to construct this spring. the other is my
woodland garden and some new areas that has been added, finally my shrub and
tree list.
    I placed my first two orders yesterday. A mix of new plants for my rock
garden that I have been interested in for some time now, and my woodland
garden which is always ongoing. I hope to locate most of my trees and shrubs
while out and around this spring and early summer at other nurseries and
garden centers so I can get larger sizes. Getting a bit old and need more
instant gratification on trees and shrubs.
    So.. sorry to disappoint, but some is impulse, some is keeping an eye
out for something out of the usual. Mostly I just follow my bellybutton
around. Same as with the rest of my life, I suppose.
    Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
Zone 6/5  Southern Indiana