Re: Word from Iraq

Hi Ceres,
Having been there and done that, I agree that the Guard does seem to have
recognition that the regular army doesn't seem to have.

I do think that is because that portion of the news we see and identify with
most is the regional/local coverage from our local TV stations.  They, of
course, will tend to emphasize the events that "sell" in their respective
coverage areas.  Also with any reserve type unit, the members are "citizen
soldiers" and the regulars are the professionals.  That distinction is
especially prevelant when as a "reserve" you deal with the "professional".

I think that soldiers not being able to have coffee or adequate toiletries
is a crime, although I know the military individuals well enough that if
they weren't complaining about that, there would be something else equally

The, IMHO, really huge problem is just starting to surface, and that is the
lack of follow-up care for individuals wounded in this conflict.