Re: Iraq/tax

I have never heard this.  We've always had to pay whatever the state law is.
Here in Texas we have no state income tax, so none is paid.  Worldwide there
is no tax on a military installation....so anything purchased on a military
installation is tax free, but we pay a surcharge, which is basically the
same.....it goes to the installation though.  Anything purchased by anyone on the
economy (off post/base) is taxed according to state laws.

Noreen
zone 9
Texas GUlf Coast

In a message dated 2/2/2004 7:56:47 PM Central Standard Time,