Re: nursery interview apparel

In a message dated 2/10/04 4:46:08 PM, kmrsy@comcast.net writes:

<< I had to pass on a
Franks nursery manager job even though I fit all the other criteria because
it required you to "repeatedly lift 75 pounds". >>

Kitty, singlely, that is unbelievable. That is not expected in the shop at
Deere without lifts.  I can't imagine what their injury rate is.  I am second to
oldest at the greenhouse where I work and I am the only female that will lift
the 40# bags of soil.  Most are young enough to be my children and they
cannot or will not.  Greenhouse work is hard work.  I only work till the end of May
and could not tolerate the heat on into the summer months.