Re: Re: Meyer lemon

They make good house plants, Cathy. Even are known to produce a few fruit. They can be pruned to size easily; even root pruned if necessary. Only problem I know of is that indoors they tend to be scale magnets. For some reason, they do not seem to get a lot of scale outdoors.

I grew one hydroponically for a number of years in Washington, DC. It never fruited, but it bloomed and the fragrance of the blossoms made the whole venture worth the effort.

The one I have here is about 6' to 7' tall. It's a shrub, not a tree, so it's about as big around as it is tall. It is also a thorny devil, which makes picking the fruit a cirque de sole event.