Re: Down or out

I had exactly the same problem all yesterday, Kept getting the message "authentication failed" when I tried to connect. Spent an inordinate amount of time trying to figure out what was going on (twice contacting earthlink and between those, apple). Apple assured me, through demonstrating a successful connect to them, that nothing was wrong with my software or modem. Earthlink steadfastly denied they had a problem both times, but I am on again today. Go figure!