signs of spring pro and con

What a beautiful day!
The Colchicum are coming up!

As I checked around the yard  I came across I nice-sized patch of bright
golden crocus in bloom!  What a treat!  Lots of new growth here and there
and a surprise of Polemonium 'Briz d'Anjou' looking all perky and full at a
few inches tall.  Tellima under straw was just as green and full as it was
last fall.  The one not under straw is burgundy but just as full.  Lots of
buds here and there; the Magnolia is loaded.

And then........there where the snow melts more slowly in the shade of the
lilacs and cedar fencing.....whole sections of grass gone amid meandering
vole trails.  They were having a late winter snack under the protection of
their igloos.  I found other traces in some beds.

My car cannot go through a car wash; must be handwashed.  So today was the
first chance after several months  What do you know?  It's blue!

Kitty