From: kmrsy@comcast.net
Sent: 2/1/2005 10:28:07 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] glads or crocosmias

I'm giving that presentation on summer geophytes at the end of the month
and am having trouble getting examples in time. I've got some ginger
rhizomes, lily bulbs, Begonia and Dahlia tubers, a Colocasia (tuber or
corm? - I've read they are tubers that form corms). But I'd like to show
Gladiolus and/or Crocosmia corms, too. I've found some on eBay, but the
pricing with shipping and quantities offered just don't work for me.
These items will not be available in local stores or delivered by
mailorder sources in time for my presentation.

Does anyone (especially those southerners among you) on this list have a
corm or two they could spare this month? In FL, Tx and southern CA you
may even be getting ready to plant them soon since you're so much warmer
down there. I'm sure I can come up with something I could trade that
you'd like.

Also looking for a Eucomis bulb if possible.

neIN, Zone5