Re: gingers....

The owner of GingersRus told me I could probably get C. petiolata to
bloom here because it is a summer bloomer. The C. I had been looking at
was a spring bloomer and he said I might not get it to bloom. So the
species might make a difference.

On his home page
there's a link to cold climate ginger growing in Michigan, but the
writer hasn't grown Curcumas. In a previous message I gave the link to
skinner's culture sheets with one for curcumas, but I don't have it with

If I find it, will let you know.

neIN, Zone5