Re: Re: OT cats again ;-) and again ref food

FWIW, when I had my herd of cats, years ago, they all developed that
bladder problem that I can't remember the name of.  I had been
feeding el cheapo dry food as I could not afford canned for them.  My
vet told me to cook up rice and liver or kidney for them, which I
did...used to make a big batch and freeze it and then heat it up for
them - didn't have a microwave then, but that would be a fast way to
heat it.

They all liked it, actually, and it took care of the bladder
conditions.  Can also use chicken as a treat now and again - but not
solely as it doesn't have all the nutrients  the liver does. You need
to buy vitamin/mineral supplements if you do this as it is lacking in
some.  I used to get these big flat brown pills and break them up
into the food...cannot remember what they were called but since this
was like about 20 years ago, there's probably something else now.

I used to get big containers of chicken liver (which wasn't that
expensive then) as they didn't like beef liver or kidney much...just
put them in a pan with water and rice and cook until the rice was
done, sort of mashing up the liver.

Anyway, it's easy to digest; has no garbage in it and was

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Shadyside Garden Designs
Current Article: Plant Exchange