Re: Re: OT cats again ;-) and again ref food

> From: kmrsy@comcast.net
>
> Wow, that's love, Marge.
> 20 yrs ago, even if you fed your cats reasonably good stuff, they
could
> still get FUS (Feline Urinary tract Syndrome). The companies knew
about
> the problem but did nothing. The more the public was educated,
though,
> the greater the demand to do something about it. And, lo and
behold, it
> became a cash cow. These companies wised up and found they can make
all
> sorts of varieties (housecat blend, sensitive stomach blend) and
start
> hogging more shelf space and demanding higher prices. But at least
we
> got the FUS blends.
----------

Yeah...loved my herd despite all the problems you get with a herd of
anything.  So that's why we have all the 'vet' foods now, huh?  Most
interesting.  Well, it wasn't all that much trouble...sorta scanned
that thread and it seemed like something that might be useful to know
about...

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade