Re: airbags

Oh, how awful! That is really a frightening thought, but I do read about people also drowning when they couldn't release their seat belts. Either case is just horrible.
zem
----- Original Message ----- From: "David Franzman" <dfranzma@pacbell.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 4:30 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] airbags

Ceres et al

My ex-brother in law...my sisters ex husband (one of 7 or 8! We've all lost count by now) was a Highway Patrolman. He was on duty during a really bad storm and he didn't realize that the bridge was washed out. His car plunged into the swollen river. His partner who didn't have an air bag broke his neck and died instantly. My brother in law's air bag deployed saving him from the crash but he couldn't get himself out of the car when it sank. He subsequently died by drowning pinned by the air bag.

DF
http://www.atouchofthetropics.net