Re: head count

Well, gang, what's left of me is still here - so far behind with list
chat I am sure that some post or other will resurrect a long dead
subject line.....when I get to reading the 1159 posts from the group.
 While I hit the delete key on 90% of my many other list posts when
I'm up against the wall like lately, I save my chat posts...I shall
get there eventually:-)

Been here since AHS days; sorta jump started that list, right David?
(who, I think was the reply to my reply to someone who pulled all the
folks out of the woodwork).  Hard to believe how long we've all been
'together' now and I add to the thanks to our savior and mentor,
Chris Lindsey, without whose generosity we would all be scattered in
cyberspace.

Garden on about 2 acres of our 3.8 in MD, a few miles west of the
Cap. beltway around DC; been here nearly 30 years now.  Wooded site
that we cleared only enough space to build the house on, so have been
clearing and building gardens ever since....no formal affiliations;
just Garden Addict.

Day job is running our small architectural firm and last spring I
took the leap into garden design - started Shadyside Garden Designs.
Got 3 clients with no portfolio (which is either a good sign or a bad
one:-)) and hope a few more come forth this season as I find I
actually enjoy this, unlike the architecture, which, past the initial
design challenge, is not much fun.  Would like to bring at least 1 of
those 3 gardens to fruition this season so I have something to
photograph and can start building a salable portfolio; 2 of them have
installed phase 1 as of last fall.  My first was a definite challenge
- 30' drop from patio to rear fence and they bought the lot and house
next door during the design phase, so extended to that as well.  Most
interesting:-)

What with one thing and another, been beating deadlines and dealing
with ill husband since the holiday season, so have not been able to
read; just stash posts except for the odd one here and there.

Belated birthday wishes to Gene and Maria (and anybody else I've
missed) - may you both (all) have many, many more.

Bummer, Jesse, on the job front.  Maybe it's an opportunity in
disguise - let's hope.  Want one of your goats:-)

Find it frustrating to not be able to just sit and read all the posts
every day, but there it is.

I'm pretty whacked tonight; end of a tough week - TGIF - but wanted
to check in and this subject line looked like the opportunity:-)

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Shadyside Garden Designs