Re: daylilly question was: head count

Oakes is rated very high for mail order daylilies. My dealings with them would confirm that.

On Saturday, February 19, 2005, at 09:47 AM, kmrsy@comcast.net wrote:

Suppliers vary. VB would not be my first choice; I'd find someone else.
If you can find what you want at Homestead Farms in MO, get it there. He
has always been quite generous.

--
Kitty
neIN, Zone5

I ordered BIG SMILE from Van Bourgondien and received a tiny skinny off
shoot that had no chance of blooming for two years! I complained and
received a single fan the next year! It bloomed low in the foliage and had
hardly any buds, but it was a young plant. I only order lilies, bulbs, and
an occasional dahlia, from them now.

I will send you names of daylilies that have been reliable growers over the
years. Some of these "pretty faces" are hard to resist, but haven't proven
themselves yet.

Got to run!

Chris