Re: now Kathy... was..jesse' new found liberty

When I started doing the perennial growing I ordered or started from seed the
things that interested me rather than what would sell. Having been in retail
for 25 years previously you would think I'd know better. This order from Yoder
/Greenleaf was pretty basic...perovskia, salvia 'May Night'. heuchera 'Palace
Purple', several ground covers, some landscape herbs,etc. Selling at a
hardware store I think has to be a little different from selling at a nursery. I am
trying the miniroses for the first time this year and was very impressed with
the service, packaging ,and general quality of the plnts I got from Michigan
Mini Roses. Seems like it should be a good impulse item. The most important
thing seems to be to grow things that will be in full bloom before about June15.
If they're not blooming I'm unlikely to sell them...even with good signing,
color pics and so forth. Did feel good to have my hands in the potting soil
again! Kathyz5IL