? for the crafty folks here....

My short stories are always long, so in cliff notes, DH started the inside
house painting yesterday while I was working 17 hours (Uck!).... this
morning he informed me that I needed to go shopping and get some new
decorations as the flower arrangements and things hung around are really
getting bad and need to be replaced... (Yeah, I am wondering what happened
too, maybe too many paint fumes?)...

Anyways, I was wondering how difficult it would be to replace the dried
flowers or some way to 'clean' them up? I have some interesting backdrops
for them and would like to salvage them....and I have never done this type
of thing... I always hit the craft fairs and purchased them.

Donna