Re: Summer blooming bulbs

I think that is the name of my "red" crocosmias that I've sent out.   Or so
I've been told, since mine have a two-tone look to them, more orange and  red.
Either way, if they are or are not the "lucifer"..they are growing in  the
pond, or along the margin anyway.  I had originally planted them  in an area
near the pond.  They soon multiplied and are now growing among  the rocks in the
pond.  I haven't had them come up yet in deeper waters of  a few inches like
some other plants have.  So I would classify them instead  of water garden
plants, as bog plants.....can take standing water....just not  sure how deep.    I
also have some in drier areas that hardly  ever get watered....so quite
versatile plants.  Curious of all Crocosmias  can take wetness as well as dry, or
only this variety???  Theresa,  anyone??
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
In a message dated 2/21/2005 10:43:29 AM Central Standard Time,