Re: Re: Summer blooming bulbs

Mine of course are all dry (well- irrigated, but still dry- in full sun to partial shade).

TeichFlora@aol.com wrote:

I think that is the name of my "red" crocosmias that I've sent out. Or so I've been told, since mine have a two-tone look to them, more orange and red. Either way, if they are or are not the "lucifer"..they are growing in the pond, or along the margin anyway. I had originally planted them in an area near the pond. They soon multiplied and are now growing among the rocks in the pond. I haven't had them come up yet in deeper waters of a few inches like some other plants have. So I would classify them instead of water garden plants, as bog plants.....can take standing water....just not sure how deep. I also have some in drier areas that hardly ever get watered....so quite versatile plants. Curious of all Crocosmias can take wetness as well as dry, or only this variety??? Theresa, anyone??

zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast