Re: Fw: Ode to the Catalogs

We do like to spend money....
The orders were for 11 gardens, grounds plants, and more plants for the
nursery.  Normally nursery plants are ordered in October and we might
replenish in late June.  However, the $1000 worth I ordered last fall didn't
seem like enough to the Hort Ed.  It seems that another local group that
conducts a HUGE sale -wayyyyyy bigger than anything we do, won't be having
their sale next year.  So he told me to get another  $500 worht for the
nursery.  So that was extra this year.

Also, that $3500 figure included budgeting for about $500 worth of annuals
and TPs that I'll pick up locally.  And on the mailorder stuff there's over
$500 in freight.  So knockout those three $500 figures and we're down around
$2000. Oh, but about $200 of that was for pots. However, the Roof Garden,
Herb Garden, and Terrace/Hydrangea Garden did not turn in requests.  So
there will be more plant expenses yet.

That's just plant material.  We're putting in a new Rock/Xeriscape garden,
so there will be more money for rocks.  And then there's urns and trellises
and what not.  Additional irrigation and this year we may get some lights.
And don't forget mountains of soil and mulch and fertilizer and on and

We do remove plants due to overcrowding or that just didn't work out or
because a new team has a new idea for the garden.  These get potted up and
sold.  To make more money we can spend.

neIN, Z5