Re: Fw: Ode to the Catalogs/Now HHA

Kitty, Marge and all, I think it's about time we memorized this:

The Horticultural Helpers Anonymous (HHA) Creed.

  1. I want it.

  2. I want it all.

  3. I want it now.

  4. If it will not grow in my zone or is prohibitively
expensive, I want it most of all.

  5. I am perfectly willing to forego any necessities of life
such as food for my children in order to have it.

  6. I recognize my horticultural dependency.

  7. I recognize your horticultural dependency.

  8. I will willingly aid and abet your dependency, as you will

  9. This makes us infinitely happy.

 10. Any money not spent by virtue of comparison shopping equals
found money and therefore is not counted as spending.

 11. More is more!

 12. Regardless of my previous desire for, planning for, or need
of any plant, if all the others have it, I must have one, too.

 13. If I have planted all that I have already purchased, I must
immediately purchase additional plants.

 14. We believe in owning all plants, we believe in sowing all
seeds, and owning all catalogs and books related to feeding our
needs. If there be any plant that is virtuous, lovely, or of good
report or praiseworthy, we seek after these.

At this point, it is customary to recite one's VISA card number,
from memory only, please.
This creed began life around 1994 in the Gardening Roundtable of
GEnie.  It was refined and condensed by Denise Beck, a CompuServe
Garden Forum member.