To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2005 8:56 AM
Subject: RE: [CHAT] planning trip to Calif

Near Santa Monica? I was thinking it was the Montecito near Santa Barbara. I
sent an email out last week - which I never saw show up here - on some
interesting places near Santa Barbara. You might still like to give them a
look; the botanic garden in Santa Barbara should be pretty nice in April:
http://www.sbbg.org/
And then there's Lotusland, which I've heard about but never seen:
http://www.lotusland.org/ .
I hope you are planning on taking more than one day to drive down. The coast
drive in particular is gorgeous. You will of course be checking out the road
conditions beforehand...by April things should have calmed down somewhat but
we are getting slammed hard by rainstorms now, and there's no telling if
everything will be open.

Cyndi