From: Chris@widom-assoc.com
Sent: 2/23/2005 9:37:15 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] daylilies

Kitty,

I too like to support the hybridizers or small businesses.  I gave Marge
other nurseries where I know the growers, but Oakes grows and has photos of
many of the plants I suggested.  They are high priced in my opinion and sell
single fans.  You always want to look for double blooming size fans or
better. The smaller daylily nurseries give bonus plants that may be worth
20% - 50% of your order!  Sometimes you get to send a list for them to
choose from.  Half of the fun is seeing what bonus plants you get!  I also
like to buy plants from club members. Many members are glad to give away
divisions!

These are the other two sources that I like:
Jordans Daylilies (Bob and Memory Jordon)
http://www.gardeneureka.com/JORDA/
 (803) 438-1453

 Marietta Gardens (John, Faye and Elizabeth Shooter)
http://www.mariettagardens.com/
 (910) 628-9466

Chris
Long Island, NY