Re: Viburnum

>  Hey you guys- anyone out there want to help me ID an viburnum?  I have a
> mature smooth-leaved, fragrant  viburnum of about 15' tall by 8' in diameter
> that blooms slightly before the azaleas.  I have a photo of the "bush" and
> of the flowers close-up.  It was probably a common variety as I got it in
> the castaway pile of a big nursery chain some 15 + years ago.  I will send
> the photos to anyone who wants to take a guess.

Hi Chris,

   Donna said that I should look at your pictures.  At a quick glance
   I'd say that you have Viburnum x burkwoodii.  The flowering time is
   right, the leaves look glossy enough, and it's definitely fragrant.

   An interesting bit of trivia:  almost all of the viburnums flower in
   alphabetical order by specific epithet.

   Nice photos!

Chris