Re: unknown Viburnum

Well, Chris, looking at the leaf pix you posted, I think it's V.
burkwoodii as the leaf is much narrower & more pointed than x
carlcephalum - so those who voted for burkwoodii won:-)

Flower head size on V. x carlcephalum is about 3" as I recall; just
about perfectly round when in bud...at least on my plant, which (ref.
Kitty's post) blooms before it's fully leafed out and, I always
thought due to shade, is rather gaunt in form - quite open but IMO

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Shadyside Garden Designs
Current Article: Plant Exchange

> From: Chris@widom-assoc.com
>  Everyone's help on identifying my viburnum is appreciated.  All
the links
> are saved (they were great) and this spring I must look more
carefully at
> the leaves.  I think it's semi-evergreen, and I'm going to go
outside later
> and try to see if there's a leaf I can bring indoors and rehydrate.
 We got
> 6" of snow, so I will probably be shoveling this AM as my son has
> classes.  He'll help out later. Maybe I'll cut some forsythia
branches to
> force while I'm outside!
> How big are the flower heads on V. x carlcephalum?  This viburnum
has heads
> of 3" - 4". Pure white flowers, but I don't remember the bud color.
 I don't