From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Marge Talt
Sent: Saturday, February 26, 2005 3:54 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] unknown Viburnum

Well, Chris, looking at the leaf pix you posted, I think it's V.
burkwoodii as the leaf is much narrower & more pointed than x carlcephalum -
so those who voted for burkwoodii won:-)

Flower head size on V. x carlcephalum is about 3" as I recall; just about
perfectly round when in bud...at least on my plant, which (ref.
Kitty's post) blooms before it's fully leafed out and, I always thought due
to shade, is rather gaunt in form - quite open but IMO loverly.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Shadyside Garden Designs