Re: foundation plantings

In a message dated 2/26/05 10:27:19 AM, Chris@widom-assoc.com writes:

<< I have a red cedar just feet from the front door >>

Chris, that is a tough one when planting small plants.  We have a very tall
two story which we built in 1989 and 4 trees (now lg trees) that are relatively
near the house but all are in good locations.  We have a Japanese tree lilac
at the corner of the front of the house and I have often though to my self
'thank god I positioned that correctly'.
    Some shrubs were planted nearer to our Blue Spruce & Concolor them should
be but I planted with the idea I would move them when the growth of the BS &
C was large enough as I was trying to create a screen.
    Ceres