To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, February 05, 2006 7:32 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] OT- for the travelers in this group.....

Thanks Godi...

I will definately check out that web site.

how was the weather there? Thought about doing some
snorkling and parasailing, but not sure if it will be
warm enough for me.

This trip was not planned by me, so just filling in
the blanks of what to do. Did you leave from Galeston,
TX too? If nothing else this trip will teach my boss
just what I do there. He is taking the laptop and
cellphone while I am de-stressing...His idea, he will
handle everything... Hope he booked himself a cruise
for when I get back LOL!

Donna

--- MICHAEL HABIB <godihabib@verizon.net> wrote:

Donna,

We just returned from a cruise that included Costa
Maya and Cozumel about
two weeks ago.
In Costa Maya we took a cab ($12 per couple each
way) to Mahahaul Beach. I
think that how it's spelled. It's not a terrific
beach, but the atmosphere
is very Mexican and the food is good. The color of
the water is just
beautiful. The vendors are not too aggressive.
In Cozumel we took a cab to Paradise Beach one of
the few beaches that has
been restored after the horrendous hurricane people
there had to suffer in
October. It's a 20 minute cab ride there. The beach
is great for swimming.
All kinds of toys in the water for kids and adults
for a small fee. Food is
very good. They have a mango drink that is super
delicious.
Last year we rented a motorbike and went around the
island which was more
fun. But since we didn't know what was still there
we stuck to Paradise
beach this time.
We don't like to go with the excursions organized by
the cruise ships. They
are mostly twice as costly as if you go with a local
organization. You can
find those on cruisecritic.com and endless
information from people who were
just on a cruises.
Glad to help should you have more questions.
Godi zone 7
Mt. Vernon, VA