Re: winter bloomers speaking about rooting....

Try rooting hormone and perlite.
On Feb 8, 2006, at 5:18 AM, Donna wrote:

If some of you recall (doubt it), last fall I took a
couple cuttings from a fancy geranium. I was
complaining that it never rooted... well I still am
complaining. That darn thing has sat in water since
fall, still alive (-well the leaves haven't died off-)
but it still DOESN'T have roots!

What is with that?

On another note, since my then new office has tons of
lights, I brought over my annual pots from my deck. I
usually use a house plant with some annuals and let
the whole thing die off yearly. They are still all
alive and the annuals are not looking shabby about to
bloom again. (I had cut off the flowers about Nov or
so as they appeared to be going to seed) What I lost
was the ivy?!? Didn't think I would have a problem
with that!

Anyways, the fancy geraniums are still growing.
Thinking they might need a haircut or something. So
since the water rooting didn't work.... what should I
try next?

Lantana roots fairly easily in vermiculite or
perlite, Chris. Don't
know about water.