Re: Blizzard on the way, Chris' catalogue

amazing story. That poor dog.

neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, February 11, 2006 6:05 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Blizzard on the way, Chris' catalogue

On the suggestion of a friend I watched "The Dog Whisperer" on the National
Geographic channel. According to last night's expert Otis will not be an
adult until he's three! It's just the constant destruction that makes me
nuts. Yesterday he took a roll of paper towels (still in the holder) and
turned it into confetti. It's that sort of thing that makes me want to
hurt him. However, some of his behavior has improved dramatically. For
instance, he can go piddle in the back yard and come back inside without
chasing the cats, and that is an excellent thing. I know he gets lonely
staying in the kitchen all the time, but he's still way to rambunctious to
go anywhere else in the house. He is definitely better on the leash -- not
great yet, but much better.
Hi Zem,

  I love The Dog Whisperer and have copies of every episode saved from my
  TiVo.  If I could get the DVD creation software not to crash Windows XP
  I'd send you all of them!

  I used to have lots of problems with Romeo on walks until I went out and
  bought one of those cheap 'show dog' leashes.  It's nothing more than
  a rope with a loop on one end; it goes over his head and up behind his
  ears.  With anything else he'll pull and pull -- the 'Halti' leashes
  that go over the nose, the one that acts like a harness and lifts their
  legs when they pull, regular leashes, etc.  With this leash he's
  immediately controlable and pays attention to me.

  Plus there's no chance of this happening:

  It sounds like he still has a lot of pent-up energy -- how often do you
  walk him?

P.S.  I hope I don't sound like I'm trying to tell you how to raise your
     'children' -- tell me to shut up and I will.  :)