Re: and the snow totals are....

I got up and looked out at 5:15 AM to see if there was a chance we
could make it to early church - snow hadn't started when we went to
bed last night.  At that point there seemed to be about 3 inches but
it was snowing heavily, and there was no sign that our little road had
been plowed, so I went back to bed.  Got up at 6:45 and was
astonished to find at least 10 inches.  Still no plowing, so we could
not have gotten out.  It is still snowing, though not as hard.  I'd say
we have nearly a foot.  Since it is Sunday, the person who plows
for us isn't likely to make an effort to get people out quickly.  The
town doesn't plow our lane - we have to contract with a local
person.  We have workmen coming tomorrow to replace an
ancient shower in the laundry room - don't know how they will
get in, since the access is from the back and the way isn't easy
to clear.  I certainly won't let Chet do the shoveling, and I'm not
too keen to do it myself.  I guess something will work out.
Maybe for an extra arm or leg they will shovel it for us.
When my boys were growing up, they used to go around
looking for shoveling jobs after ours was done - like the extra
spending money.  Nowadays the kids around here wouldn't
think of doing such a thing - are offended to be asked.
Hope everyone else is weathering this - How about the
Long Island people?  Chris?  Eve? Holli?
Auralie

In a message dated 02/12/2006 9:45:25 AM Eastern Standard Time,