No blizzards here

While y'all in the East are digging out from under the white stuff, I'm
looking at clear blue sky. Supposed to be 78 today. It was in the 70s over
the weekend and I'm beginning to think it might be spring. We usually get
great weather in February for a couple weeks and then winter returns for
another couple weeks, so I'm not quite convinced.
I have almost finished raking off the immense quantity of sycamore leaves
that covered the garden. The daffodil show this year might be a little odd -
because it's taken me so long to rake everything the daffodils have been
covered by this leaf blanket for varying times.  The area I raked over
Christmas is just beginning to bloom. Under the last bit left with leaves,
they are just coming out of the ground. I may have hit on a low-effort
method to extend the bloom. Or maybe the darn things will bloom when they're
only two inches tall because I didn't give them time to grow. We'll see.
Husband spent Saturday rebuilding a little shelter we use for our sheep. Now
that they can all get out of the rain and mud comfortably, no doubt it will
never rain again. Husband should have used sunscreen too, he got sunburned
out there. Lambs should be born in about 3 weeks, I hope.
I went hiking Sunday morning, actually kind of sad, it's so dry. I am not
expecting any wildflowers this year, that's the downside of the nice weather
we've had all winter. But I've irrigated my dry garden a few times and it
has quite a few California poppies evident, with any luck I'll get some
other wildflowers in there too; I've been weeding but carefully pulling out
only grass.