Beginning gardening

Gardening was in my family for a long time...I had a great-great
grandmother who was known for her flowers. My father also gardened. I
always loved going for walks in undeveloped places when I was young and
always had indoor plants. My husband and I have a plant that has been
with us since the first year we were married and we are going on 46
years. When we first went to the high-rise, he built heavy-duty shelving
and we keep an indoor garden with aquariums near our dinner table. When
we moved back to TN, I started vegetable gardening, learning to "put up"
our produce. Then, when I started working with a law department,
gardening was a wonderful way to relax. Now, I like to see what I can do
to make the grounds more attractive...from inside and out.