OT/The Joys of Auntiehood

Let me applaud all of you parents out there. I've been wondering off and on
lately if I might change my mind and want to have children. Several things
have pointed me in the NO direction. Tonight, my 10 year old niece and her
best friend came to spend the night with me. I made them chicken alfredo
(Caroline's favorite) for dinner. She told me later that she didn't feel good.
I gave her pepto and she and her friend went on to play. A few minutes later
she came back in and sat down and said, I still don't feel good, and then
projectile vomited all over the carpet, her shoes, the chair, almost got one
of the dogs. As I sat and stared dumbfounded for a few seconds it continued.

I leapt from my chair to get a towel and eventually the storm passed as I
stood and held her hair out of her face.

I did manage to get her cleaned up, call her mother, and get her AND her
friend packed off to their respective homes.  Then much cleaning ensued.

No, I don't want kids. But I applaud those of you who have managed to survive
parenthood.