Re: OT/The Joys of Auntiehood

> Your reaction is perfectly normal.  If you WERE to become a parent, mother
> nature would kick in to help you get past the "fun" part of parenting.

I dunno...  I was laying in bed thinking about this last night.

To me part of the joy of parenting (although I am childless myself, through
no fault of my own) is comforting a child after something like that.
If someone thinks they're uncomfortable, imagine how the poor child feels.
Comforting them and cleaning them up is mundane, but it helps forge a bond
of love that makes it all worthwhile.

But, like I said, I don't have any children.  I almost married into one,
but his Mom ended up being psycho and the whole thing fell through.

Now I plan to reproduce asexually.  I figure if I eat enough I'll eventually
divide, right?  Although the only thing splitting seems to be my pants...