Re: Oleander

Oleander is really a serviceable landscape plant, especially for low-maintenance [meaning generally unmaintained, such as highway medians, orchard windbreaks, and gated-community perimeters] areas. And, as Noreen says, it blooms most of the year. Yes, some find the floral fragrance not to their liking--it tends toward the "sickly sweet" end of the aroma spectrum--but it also attracts many different pollinators. Not my favorite plant, but I'm glad one is planted next to my lychee.