Re: Oleander

Hm...I've never had a bad smell on my Oleander, at least not that I noticed
from a normal distance.  Never stuck my nose on a bloom though, not  yet.  I
really love the bottlebrush blooms too, but they only bloom in the  spring,
where as the Oleander, at least here, blooms pretty much all year  through.
Granted it is an overly used landscape plant, but it is  definitely low
maintenance, and does well in droughts as well as floods.   Birds love to hid in the
evergreen foliage year round, and the hummers and  butterflies love the flowers.
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
In a message dated 2/22/2006 11:12:18 AM Central Standard Time,