Re: Spring- Yeah!

In a message dated 2/23/06 10:21:23 PM, lindsey@mallorn.com writes:

>   My concern has always been that I'd
> drop a cast iron skillet and crack the floor.

Chris, it does not take something as big as the skillet to break the tile.
I hate my ceramic tile in my kitchen, hallway, (2) bath and laundry room and
hope to replace it, hopefully, this summer.   What a major job to replace!   I
do like the tile in my garden room, however.   I want to check out the bamboo
flooring.   Anyone have that?   So little available on bamboo in our area at
this time.   I have oak flooring in the family room which is adjoining to my
kitchen but I have so much wood in that area (wainscoting and whole wall of
oak
shelving/fireplace) I need something contrasting.   I love the wood.
     What a week.   Our garbage disposal went out and a shelf in the family
room suddenly came crashing down breaking some glassware I got in Italy (;-()
and disconnected the satellite & VCR.   However, I got a call Tues morn saying
I won a furnace (Lenox) including installation from the Home& Garden show I
attended on Sun.   My response was 'what's the catch'.   The owner of one of
the
larger heating/cooling business in the Des Moines area assured me there was
no catch.   They are coming out Mon to talk to us.   We will see.
     Temps are predicted to reach 55 today but turn cold tomorrow.
          Ceres