From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Aplfgcnys@aol.com
Sent: Friday, February 24, 2006 3:31 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Pots, plans and floors?

Bonnie, I started with a set of Revereware copper-bottomed steel pots when
we were married - nearly 53 years ago.  They were expensive for the time,
and my m-i-l scolded me for spending so much on them (I never did anything
right in her eyes).  I still have most of them, though the handles have come
off a couple.  When I tried to replace those, all I could find are heavy
anodized aluminum, which I hate.  I still enjoy my copper-bottomed, but do a
lot of cooking in a hot oven - roasted vegetables, grilled meats, etc. - and
find the cast iron is better for that.  I realize that 4 bulldogs would
create more of a hazard than my 4 cats.

In a message dated 02/24/2006 3:03:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,